[WORKED AROUND] Re: mariadb does not run

I ended up installing MariaDB 10.8 using the MariaDB unofficial Debian repository and it works...

That makes me suspect there's a problem with the official
mariadb-server-core-10.6 Debian package, but it's very strange no such bug has been filed yet (how could that happen only to me?).

Unfortunately I cannot afford keeping my dev system unusable for the time required to assist maintainers in bisecting the problem. Besides I'm on Sid, so such bugs are to be expected from time to time.

Thanks anyway for your assistance.