Re: Debian 8

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 03:43:32PM +0100, David wrote:
> The reason for Debian 8 is the software I want to run on it.

This is a really bad idea. The whole thing is lacking security
fixes, so it will only continue to get worse.

If there was no way to make this software work on a non-obsolete
operating system and there was no way to avoid running the software,
I'd be looking into more extreme measures like running just that app
in a chroot or container on an otherwise up to date system.

Cheers,
Andy