Re: SSD Optimization - Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 10:54:19AM -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:
> Recently, I bought a SSD SATA Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1.
>
> Nowadays, one week a go, debian testing system got crashed because partition
> got read only.
>
> I suspect this is a reason from some upgrade and I suspect that an SSD
> optimization can solve this problem.

Modern SSDs don't really need any optimisation. They shouldn't go
read-only after a short period of normal use. I've got a few of
these drives and don't see such errors, and don't need to change any
settings to make them work properly.

> :~$ sudo journalctl --since "2022-09-25 00:00:00" | grep sda
>
> https://pastebin.com/QtCqpJPm

These errors look quite serious and could be at the hardware level.

I'd try to make the drive do a "long" SMART self-test and if it
failed it I'd immediately RMA it.

# smartctl -t long /dev/sda4

Then to view progress/result:

# smartctl -l selftest /dev/sda