Re: how do i configure lynx browser as default browser for html

On 2022-09-29 at 07:49, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> There are hints in this thtread as to where to configure your
> default browser. Update-alternatives is probably your friend here. If
> all of this is just to run the Wikipedia cleaner application, then
> you may well want a GUI browser anyway to check how it looks to
> others in a GUI. (On the assumption that you are not otherwise
> dependent on a text-mode browser for web accessibility needs.)

To be fair, it used to be - and, by some lights, still is - good
practice to test a Website in multiple types of browser to make sure it
works to a suitable standard in all of them.

I certainly wouldn't want to discourage people from including text-mode
Web browsers in that type of testing.

--
   The Wanderer