Re: how do i configure lynx browser as default browser for html

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 04:47:37AM +0000, jindam, vani wrote:
> > That puts quite a new complexion on the thread here called
> > "how disable apt downloads w/o sudo".
> > It might be worth being a bit more revealing about the
> > system that you're running so that you don't waste other
> > people's time, and your own, with red herrings.
>
> as normal user i expected apt to show **some
> kind** of warning without providing
> root password installation of package
> will fail.
>
> > It's conceivable that Debian on Userland on Android might not function
> > quite in the manner to which we are accustomed. Then again, who knows?

If this is not stock Debian - if it's running inside Android, if it's another
packaged Debian variant - essentially, we can't help you. Without more
information from you, we will continue to guess wildly.

Reference to palemoon suggests to me this isn't stock Debian since stock
Debian would include Firefox as default browser.

There are hints in this thtread as to where to configure your default
browser. Update-alternatives is probably your friend here. If all of this
is just to run the Wikipedia cleaner application, then you may well want a
GUI browser anyway to check how it looks to others in a GUI. (On the assumption
that you are not otherwise dependent on a text-mode browser for web
accessibility needs.)

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater