Re: OT : Debian VPS for backup through SFTP protocol for a win10 client

Am 29.09.2022 03:43, schrieb Gareth Evans:
On Thu 29 Sep 2022, at 00:29, Gareth Evans <donotspam@fastmail.fm> wrote:
[...]
Alternatively, BackupPC supports Windows:

https://backuppc.github.io/backuppc

Actually rsync (as opposed to tar or SMB over the internet) seems to
be the only BackupPC option for a Windows backup source where the
backup server is remote, so either cygwin or WSL or cwrsync are
required here too afaics.  BackupPC also deduplicates backups though,
with optional compression.

I'm using burp [1] which is also a simple backup solution of that kind. It offers a Windows client with VSS support.

[1] https://burp.grke.org/
https://github.com/grke/burp

But for Rudu, who is already using luckybackup, it's probably the best idea to use the luckybackup Windows-Client? At least as a short-term solution. For a long-term solution there's maybe other solutions preferable? As the project seems to be "stalled" ... !? (I don't know)

hede