Re: Debian 11, Chrome and .asp pages

Sorry, been offline and had some real work to do yesterday.

Very simple setup. The Viasat router is on the desk not 2 feet away from my laptop and desktop. The desktop logs in to the router with no issues but running Win10. The Debian laptop is also not 2 feet away running Debian 11. Another Debian 10 machine logs in remotely with no issues. The Deb11 laptop brings up the status page with no log in necessary, but any other functions require a log in through any of the other pages, which are .asp pages.

I have a manually entered ip for the interface and a route entered directly to the router. I can get to the router but it doesn't allow all the functions. There no unusual configs and the whole system and setup works exactly as it should except for those pages accessed with Debian 11.

Angel, I'll try your suggestions for looking a the Chrome network stuff.

I've read all the stuff up to 8:45am this morning (MST/MDT) and I'll check my config files for any unusual issues.

I didn't want to clog up the bandwidth and put all the info in the post. I was hoping for a response from anyone who had a similar issue and had a simple solution. I can get into the router and do what I need to do, so that's not a problem. I don't need to have access to my router via Debian 11.

So, the real issue is that I have Debian 11 on this laptop and and it's not behaving as it should, or behaving as my other Debian 10 machines, which access the pages with no issues. Just like to know why the new version doesn't behave like the old version.

thanks,
TM

Since anecdotes are making it into this thread, I'll submit one more, not really related to this issue. I frequent a number of automobile BBs where problems are presented and resolutions are offered. A not uncommon problem would be 'my car can't pass the smog test', and the fun begins. By the 50th post the list of recommended remedies would have the entire car replaced either in total or one part at a time, all probably due to a cracked, 2 dollar, 3mm vacuum hose, a simple solution.