Re: Color of the active window title bar in ubuntu-mate?

On 22/08/2022 18:02, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 10:02:22AM +0000, Victor Sudakov wrote:
Any applications using standard decorations (Firefox, MATE Terminal,
Google Chrome etc).

It's worth pointing out, perhaps, that Google Chrome does *not* use
the standard window manager decorations by default.  There is, however,
an option you can toggle to make it do so.

(Unless this behavior changed in some recent version -- but I doubt it.)

Firefox, on the other hand, *does* use the regular widgets.

Behavior of Firefox depends on GTK_CSD and XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP environment variables. Some time ago there were more if's for Gnome, KDE, etc.:

- https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/file/d58f8264/widget/gtk/nsWindow.cpp#l9192 - https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/file/tip/widget/gtk/nsWindow.cpp#l9192
The latter link is for current version without fixed revision.

"Customize toolbar" dialogue has "Titlebar" checkbox to change behavior. Recently I faced an issue with fluxbox and I blamed client side decoration at first, so I tried to disable it.