Re: Need working repo for Deb7 - wheezy

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 01:28:16PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-08-06, Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
> > Anything between (and including) the OP's computer and
> > archive.debian.org can [intercept and] deny the HTTP request.
>
> Is there no way of making this determination?

Sure, there are lots of things the OP can do to work out what is
going on, or at least get more of an idea. For example they could:

- Check if they can browse the archive URL in a regular browser or
  from another machine, to try to localise the issue to their apt or
  computer, or not

- Do a TCP traceroute or mtr in TCP mode or similar, using port 80,
  to see the path by which HTTP requests go. If it ends locally then
  they might have discovered a local intercepting proxy that doesn't
  like HTTP requests to archive.debian.org for some reason

but all these things require participation by the OP, and we don't
seem to have any.

Someone said they're not subscribed to this list - I forgot to check
with my previous reply. If not then they probably got very few of
the replies.

Cheers,
Andy