Re: Verison IPv6 -- I want to stick with IPv4 (was Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?)

On Tuesday, August 02, 2022 11:04:13 AM Andy Smith wrote:
> But in reality you probably aren't ever going to have to take
> any action with regard to IPv6.

> Most of Sky's
> customers will not know or care that at some point IPv6 got switched
> on for them.

Well, I know this is probably a silly worry, but I run behind an IPv4 NAT,
which makes me feel fairly safe.

I know that IPv6 is a much larger address space so, iiuc, it would be harder
for a "cracker" to find IPv6, but I'd probably want to continue to run behind
NAT, so the idea that I wouldn't even know if my ISP switched to IPv6 does not
make me comfortable.

But, no need for any replies -- I'll try to stay with IPv4 as long as I can.

--
rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML;
avoid top posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma included at no
charge.)  If you change topics, change the Subject: line.

Writing is often meant for others to read (legal agreements excepted?) -- make
it easier for your reader by various means, including liberal use of
whitespace.

If someone else has already responded to a question, decide whether any
response you add will be helpful or not ...

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video
(or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.