Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?

On 8/2/22, Tim Woodall wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2022, Lee wrote:

>>> Not sure I exactly understand what you want but you can specify the
>>> local part of an SLAAC ipv6 address thus:
>>>
>>> iface eth0 inet6 auto
>>>          pre-up echo 64
>>>          pre-up ip token set ::0123:4567:a9ab:cdef/64 dev eth0
>>
>> Yes!! That looks like what I want.
>> Where does it go if I want to always done at boot time?
>>

> I've got it in /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0
>
> but whereever you've put the network configuration
> /etc/network/interfaces perhaps?

*sigh*  Back when I first set up this machine I couldn't figure out
how to get the /etc/network/xxx config to work.  I ended up using the
Advanced Network Configuration GUI that set up /etc/NetworkManager
files.

Hopefully you've given me enough of a hint that I can figure out the
rest for myself

Thanks
Lee