Re: dynupdater not seeming to do anything

On 7/31/22 04:50, Curt wrote:
On 2022-07-31, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
Doesn't it seem from the OP that the daemon doesn't
start?
I interpret the process list in the original post as showing a
running dyn_updater:
You're right. I  misread all that somehow. Documentation is
infuriatingly sparse, but mentions that the app's ( a *GUI* app) actvity
is logged to a file.  Maybe the OP (who's disappeared anyway, as they
often do) should look there.

I haven't disappeared.  We're probably in different time zones and have different sleep schedules.

I don't know about the GUI part of dyn_updater.  It just site in my task bar and doesn't do anything when I click it.

I expect either dyn_updater or ddclient to be daemons catching any change in IP address and sending the change to dyndns.org.

I would be just as happy to have ddclient working.  I only have dyn_updater because ddclient didn't seem to be working.

Thanks,

Paul