Re: Proprietary WiFi drivers for live mode

On 6/25/2022 12:12 PM, Kristijonas Lukas Bukauskas wrote:
apt-get install linux-image-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') broadcom-sta-dkms
modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssb brcmsmac bcma
modprobe wl
Would these packages be in 11.3.0-live+nonfree image?
I just tried in virtualbox. It looks like broadcmon-sta-dkms wasn't available (didn't check all the other packages).
I would really prefer building an image to the USB stick so that I could
use Wi-fi right after booting the system without a need to install
packages every single time (The laptop is used by someone else who isn't
that programming/configuring things/terminal-commands friendly).

If you can find the instructions to make a live CD, you should be able to add that module or any necessary utilities.

Although it looks like it is on the ubuntu 22.04 install/live CD as package:

sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source

(I just booted ubuntu dekstop 22.04 live install/DVD in virtualbox with no networking and installed that package)

And after that I see:

/lib/modules/5.15.0-25-generic/updates/dkms/wk.ko

Bijan