Re: Proprietary WiFi drivers for live mode

Hi Bijan,

thanks for your message.

On 2022-06-25 18:48, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On 6/25/2022 11:11 AM, Kristijonas Lukas Bukauskas wrote:
>> How do I get Wifi working right in live mode? I would prefer Debian, but
>> any Linux ready-to-use image would work for me.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>
> You can install packages on the live CD. (sudo apt update, sudo apt
> install, etc.)
>
> Whatever actions are required to get it to work on a full install you
> can do on the live CD (assuming you have enough RAM to hold stuff on
> ramdisk I guess).
>
> As long as you don't need to reboot (which you shouldn't to load a
> kernel module) you should be fine.
>
> Bijan

WiFi will be the only networking option. The installation guide [1]:

> apt-get install linux-image-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') broadcom-sta-dkms
> modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssb brcmsmac bcma
> modprobe wl

Would these packages be in 11.3.0-live+nonfree image?

I would really prefer building an image to the USB stick so that I could
use Wi-fi right after booting the system without a need to install
packages every single time (The laptop is used by someone else who isn't
that programming/configuring things/terminal-commands friendly).

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/wl#Installation
--
Kristijonas