Re: Grub Problem

before any action ... comes diagnosis:
please fill in missing pieces:
- SDD's, HDD are formatted GPT? or is the dinosaur using MBR?
- is your computer configured to boot UEFI-style? Or are you still using
BIOS-style/compatibility-mode?
- can you show (and comment) the output from lsblk and (sudo) blkid?
- did you look at all the grub.cfg files (in different systems)?
Anything particular?
- Are you able to use grub command line in case you would need it?

My first guess would be, that sticking to /dev/sd?? device names
confused yourself, the OS and maybe even grub. i recommend (mid-term) to
switch to some other ID, like PARTUUID, or such in order to prevent
confusion.

But first things first: I did not really understand the problem, you are
running into, which certainly has an easy fix, once it reveals itself fully.

DdB