Re: non installed printer can not be removed

On Thu 16 Jun 2022, at 22:13, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am struggeling with a little problem, I can not explain.
>
> A friend of mine uses a printer (Samsung SL-C480FW), which is connected to the
> router with wireless. However, although there are no drivers and no ppd-files
> installed, the printer is seen by cups (and also by system-printer-config) but
> can not be used (think, because the missing ppd-file).
>
> When this is installed, udev-entries and so on are set, then the printer is
> seen for example with ipp://192.168.*.*.
>

> However, printing does not work, although the printer gets data, but then
> hangs. I believe, this is a driver problem (because this appeared, since my
> friend got a new router (FritzBox).

I submitted a bug report re my own issue to Debian, and was asked to report upstream, which I have now done.  Hans may like to follow this or perhaps add details of his experience, which I suspect is a result of the same problem.

https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/issues/472

Best wishes
Gareth