Re: Feature request: install package by passing URL to apt-get

Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On 6/23/2022 12:03 PM, Person the human wrote:
> > The easier something is to do, the more harmless people will think it
> > is, so you're right. Thanks.
>
> rm wrongfile
>
> how do I undelete?
>
> better put deleted files in the "recycling box" and prompt users on every
> deletion by default
>
> rm -rf /
>
> oops!
>
> sigh...

Luckily, you weren't root and you didn't use sudo or doas, so
what came back was

rm: failed to remove '/': Permission denied

But sometimes that happens. All we can do is not make it
extremely easy for people to do terrible things by accident
because it looked like a good thing to do.

And people learn from experience, but it's really hard to learn
from experience when the mistake you made happened six days ago
as you tried to install a great game you read about, and now
your ISP has shut your connection off.

-dsr-