Feature request: install package by passing URL to apt-get

I just want to get everyone's opinion on this before I request it from the developers or possibly try to add it myself.

Would it be nice if it was possible to pass a URL to 'apt install' so that a package could be installed without first downloading its .deb file? I think it's good because it can save time and prevent unneeded damage to SSDs. Even if you don't have any info to add, please let me know what you think.