Re: Feature request: install package by passing URL to apt-get

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 14:34:41 -0230
Person the human <tonyfoll11@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be nice if it was possible to pass a URL to 'apt install' so
> that a package could be installed without first downloading its .deb
> file? I think it's good because it can save time and prevent unneeded
> damage to SSDs. Even if you don't have any info to add, please let me
> know what you think.

There is an extension for Chromium called Apt-linker which may do some
of what you want. The description is "Turns "apt-get install" lines
into clickable apturl links for installing Ubuntu and Debian GNU/Linux
packages".

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com