Re: issue with purging an old kernel

DdB wrote on 6/20/22 10:07:
Since i am running dozens of VM's, i can say:
Me2 am running into this regularly, when i am trying to purge old
kernels. I am seeing this so frequently, that i even wrote a script
(meant to be run inside the VM's) to clean up the mess, some apt-scripts
happen to leave behind.

It's comforting to know that this seems to be a relatively common occurrence (although this is the first time I've run into it, and I've been running debian for maybe seven or eight years at this point). As far as I know I have only official debian stable packages on the system, so it has the flavour of a minor packaging bug somewhere. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it, given that you see it so often. I have cleared out the offending directory and moved on.

Thanks to you and the other posters for responding.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans