Re: debian-user message size limit

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 21:28:15 +0200
Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:

> Brian (12022-06-17):
> > Attacments to a mailing list like -user are an efficient us of its
> > services.
>
> Multiplying the storage space taken by an attachment by the thousands of
> users subscribed to this mailing list, most of them being not
> interested, is really not what I would call an efficient use of
> resources.

If administrators are feeling that particular strain, there are facilities
like paste-it, imgur, and any number of others which could help.
There is always the risk of loss of data with that approach, however, which
reduces the said efficiency of the list.
Always best to keep all related material together, at the one resource to be
available to those who may not be interested in a particular issue now, but
may well see it as a priority in the future.
For the sake of efficiency.
Cheers!

David.