Re: virtualbox kernel modules?

On 17/6/22 00:08, Boyan Penkov wrote:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 12:09 AM Keith Bainbridge <keithrboz@gmail.com> wrote:
Cheers!

Good afternoon Boyan

What happened when you installed to 2 suggested items?
Hey Keith -- yes, thanks for the pointer; you're absolutely correct...
Somehow linux-image-headers was not installed on this machine.  Once
it was, cleaned some stuff up, and this problem went away...

Of course, question for the DMs, then -- why not make the headers a
dependency of virtualbox-dkms?

Thanks kindly!

Been there before.

Yes, it should be a required package for VBox. Perhaps we should record this where such difficulties go, but I can never remember the list name when I want it (like now).

Frankly, it's part of the reason I prefer LinuxMint Debian. A lot more user packages are installed by default.

By the bye, it's good form to reply to the list, not just the responder.

--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbaugroups@gmail.com