Re: trying to install bullseye for about 25th time.

gene heskett composed on 2022-06-09 02:59 (UTC-0400):

> Are you saying that I can partition this new drive with gparted and make
> the d-i use that? That would be the holy grail if so.

This possibility became reality in antiquity. I never would have completed my
first Debian installation attempt if this were not the case. I can't remember the
last Gnu/Linux installer I ran across that didn't have this capability. Unlike
David, who /usually/ partitions prior to starting up the Debian installer, I
*always* do. Only one partitioner is ever used on any of my partitionable media. I
usually format first too, including any swap partition.

> Question then:
> Since /home would be just a mount point for the raid10, how big does that
> partition actually have to be? Is a single 4096k inode big enough?

A mount point isn't a partition. It's a directory purposed for mounting a separate
filesystem. The directory, and its inode consumption, goes on the root filesystem.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata