ssh-agent: I want to start using on all my remote hosts

I have been using ssh for logging in to my remote hosts for many years, but I have NOT been using ssh-agent.

I have checked all those hosts looking for the env var SSH_AGENT_SOCK which one website says should be defined if the ssh-agent process is running, but none have that defined.

Now I'm ready to start but I want to start with one host to make sure my work flows aren't interrupted. Some questions:

1. Will starting the ssh-agent service interfere with my current ssh login (using keys with NO passhrase).

2. Is there anything to do to start the service other than:

    edit file /etc/ssh/sshd_config to uncomment

        #AllowAgentForwarding yes

    reboot

Thanks.

-Tom