Re: ssh-agent: I want to start using on all my remote hosts

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2022 at 09:43:53AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> 1. Will starting the ssh-agent service interfere with my current ssh login
> (using keys with NO passhrase).

It only matters at the point of authentication, so existing SSH
sessions will not be affected.

> 2. Is there anything to do to start the service other than:
>
>     edit file /etc/ssh/sshd_config to uncomment
>
>         #AllowAgentForwarding yes

The directive you are proposing to uncomment defaults to "yes", so
you need not make any change.

>     reboot

You seem to be very reboot-happy. I recommend understanding the
impact of the changes you will make instead of assuming you need to
reboot to make them effective.

In this case you do not need to make a change to your sshd's config,
but if you *did*, it would only be affecting sshd not anything else
on the system. So you'd only need to restart sshd.

Cheers,
Andy