Re: Firewall blocking my new Debian 11 server ports 80 and 443

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 02:13 john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 5/30/2022 12:26 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 15:55 Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

No worries. All those responses about the subject IP now are the norm for a bare-iron server ready for use by a customer, yours truly. It is the same server I messed up the firewall with and locked myself out of. The OS has been reinstalled and is ready for me to use again.

If all is set as expected, I should be able to get http and https working on it.

And I will certainly try to take care of most of the security concerns expressed here.

For those of you with forensic curiosity so recently demonstrated, the new server we are discussing is to replace mine currently operating at IP 173.208.182.170. It has been online for over two years. I believe it is locked down pretty well.

Some websites there are:

    novco1968tbs.com       # my Marine brother's TBS  class
    usafa-1965.org             # my college class
    moody67a.org               # my pilot training class
    nwflug.org
    computertechnwf.org

The first three sites have entries very appropriate for US Memorial Day: noting men who sacrificed their lives fighting for us.

-Tom