Re: Firewall blocking my new Debian 11 server ports 80 and 443

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 2:21 PM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> > > Yes.
> >
> > It is always better to show the command and the output instead of saying
> > yes/no! :)
>
> Except it should be abundantly clear by now that you're dealing with
> someone who believes that they must hide every single detail from
> the ones who would offer help.

I have not intentionally hidden anything, Greg--I just never saw the need for
mentioning it given the dialogue--x.y.z.w is just shorthand. If you
must know the exact IP address, it is 69.30.225.10. (And you could have
asked for it at any time--I don't remember anyone asking for it--but I will
do so the next time I ask for this kind of help again.)

GIven all the advice, I'm leaning towards the popular hypothesis that
my provider has somehow locked out the two ports in question (a first
for them). The machine is now inaccessible, and I have asked them to
reinstall Debian 11 on it and ENSURE that ports 80 and 443 are
accessible from the internet.

Thanks for all the help, and I consider this thread closed.

-Tom