Re: Netgen installation problem

"Gary L. Roach" <garyroach719@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the reply Tomas,
>
> Running the apt-file search libgui.so search now gets the exact same results as your search. Unfortunately,
> running netgen still gives the same error message. Now what?

Maybe a hint: apt-file search doesn't list files that're installed so
the advice from Tomas is still valid.

However, it did actually show one problem:

libnglib-dev: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/netgen/libgui.so

Meaning, you need libnglib-dev for libgui.so. And then you need to run
netgen the way the packaged .desktop file does it:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/netgen NETGENDIR=/usr/share/netgen /usr/bin/netgen

At least I got a GUI window after that. I don't know how to actually use
netgen though.