Netgen installation problem

Hi all,

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-13-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD CAICOS

I have installed netgen from the Debian Bullseye package library. When I run the program I get the following error message:

gary@debian:~/Netgen/build$ netgen
NETGEN-6.2-dev
Developed by Joachim Schoeberl at
2010-xxxx Vienna University of Technology
2006-2010 RWTH Aachen University
1996-2006 Johannes Kepler University Linz
Including OpenCascade geometry kernel
Including MPI version 3.1
Error in Tcl-Script:
result = couldn't load file "libgui.so": libgui.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Make sure to set environment variable NETGENDIR to directory containing ng.tcl

There is not ng.tcl or libgui.so on my system so it is hard to set NETGENDIR when I can't find the files. I used locate to try to find the file but no luck. Any suggestions?

Gary R