Re: any good books about the (art?, economics and) science of optimizing IO performance? ...

On 5/23/22, John Conover <conover@panix.com> wrote:
> . . . the problem is to write, NOT to the disk, but to the on disk cache memory . . .

 and I could imagine depending on the kinds of data loads one expects
there are best practices about how to optimally make RAM, SSDs and
RAID configurations of mechanically spinning disks play together.
 That is what I am looking for, which I thought should be cultured in
these "big data" times
 thank you,
 lbrtchx