any good books about the (art?, economics and) science of optimizing IO performance? ...

there is quite a bit of partial and somewhat obviously misconstrued
("buy my great sh!t") information out there about how to combine RAM,
NVMe, SSD, SATA and RAID in order to optimize IO performance. You also
hear about ZFS licensing and performance issues in Linux.

I'd wish I could find a book explaining IO performance right from the
physics of it to the OS system level algorithms to optimize transfer
rates in a "nullius in verba", "and-here-is-how-you-test-it" kind of
way.

Any comprehensive readings regarding such matters you would share?

lbrtchx