Re: File corruption after transmission over GMail using mutt + msmtp

On 21/05/22 at 04:09, Marcelo Laia wrote:
> Nowadays, email recipients had give me feedback that attached files that
> I sent was corrupted. I use Mutt + msmtp + offlineimap and OAuth GMail
> app implementation.

After more tests, I found that if I use the mutt native smtp, attach is
properly transmitted. I could open it very well!

So, I think there is a problem with msmtp or its configuration.

MSMTP config (msmtprc)

defaults
tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
logfile ~/.msmtp.log

account gmail
auth oauthbearer
host smtp.gmail.com
port 587
protocol smtp
tls on
from mylogin@gmail.com
user mylogin@gmail.com
passwordeval /path/to/scripts/OAuth2/get_teteraorg_token_gmail.sh

MUTT native smtp relevant config (muttrc)

set smtp_oauth_refresh_command="/path/to/scripts/OAuth2/get_teteraorg_token_gmail.sh"
set smtp_authenticators="oauthbearer"
set smtp_url = "smtp://mylogin@gmail.com@smtp.gmail.com:587/"
set from = "mylogin@gmail.com"
set use_from = yes
set realname = "My Real Name"

This is only changes I do to get all works very well!

--
Marcelo