Re: firefox misbehaviour

On Saturday, May 21, 2022 01:57:29 AM Hans wrote:
> Am Samstag, 21. Mai 2022, 05:09:38 CEST schrieb Russell L. Harris:
> I do not have those issues you describe, but on my system firefox sometimes
> completely freezes the system when calling some special websites.
>
> Then nothing can be done, only the mouse is moving but no mouse clicking,
> nor keyboard input is possible then.
>
> The only way is the hard way: long press power button, so it switches off.

Coming from left field, I may be mis-remembering, but sometimes when I think
the system is totally frozen, I can press <ctrl><alt><F1> (even though the
keyboard otherwise seems dead), and get to whatever they call it (a virtual
terminal?) and recover from there (e.g., use top to see what is going on, then
maybe kill some processes that are using the most CPU (or maybe RAM),