Re: Installing Jessie on VirtualBox

Antonino Saetta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an Italian student from Dublin City University.
>
> Currently, I'm carrying out an assignment on IoT, and need to install
> Jessie on VirtualBox (under Windows).
>
> Till now, I've tried by downloading several images, but never got it
> working:
>
> - With the *CD* and *net* installations, it was not possible to scan the
> mirrors (the *net* one could also not install standard system utilities)

The mirrors no longer exist in the locations that jessie is
looking for them -- jessie was Debian 8, released in 2015. We
are now on Debian 11, bullseye.

jessie is quite insecure, because it has not had an update since
2018. You should know that the S in IOT stands for security.

(Yes, the S is missing. That is the joke.)

Ask your professor to review the assignment instructions. It is
technically possible to install jessie, but it is a bad idea to
do so.

-dsr-