Re: Installing Jessie on VirtualBox

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 7:04 AM Antonino Saetta <antoninosaetta95@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm an Italian student from Dublin City University.

Currently, I'm carrying out an assignment on IoT, and need to install Jessie on VirtualBox (under Windows).

Till now, I've tried by downloading several images, but never got it working:

- With the CD and net installations, it was not possible to scan the mirrors (the net one could also not install standard system utilities)

- the DVD installer simply would not run the OS afterwards (see picture below)

Can someone help??

Thank you...

Debian Jessie is old, Try installing Debian 11 Bullseye https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/11.3.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/