Re: Disable connections to Internet without user's consent

Andrea Monaco wrote:

> I wonder all the ways a standard installation and configuration connects
> to the Internet without the user's consent, and how to disable it.
>
> I can think of the automatic check for updates and the automatic
> security updates.  Any other?  Is there a manual page that lists all of
> them?

Neither one of those is automatic. Someone with root privileges
needs to install a package like apticron to get that.

I believe, but have not confirmed: if you install a base Debian
stable system, no extra packages, it will not initiate any
connection without user action.

An interface configured to use DHCP would ask for a new one on
lease expiration.

-dsr-