Re: Permanent email address?

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 07:29:51AM -0400, Edwin Zimmerman wrote:
> I would not recommend running an MTA on a dynamic IP address.  I can
> absolutely guarantee you that emails sent from such a system will not reach
> the recipient.  Most email servers block emails from MTAs with dynamic IP
> addresses.  When running an MTA, IP address reputation is a huge factor in
> whether or not your emails land in spam or not.  If you want to run your own
> MTA, you need a static IP that is not on any blocklists.

An excellent point, if you plan to send outgoing mail as well as receive
incoming mail.

If you can't get a static IP address for your home computer, consider
running your mail server on a cheap VPS (Virtual Private Server).  This
may be cheaper than a static IP address for your home, depending on
your ISP.