Re: Permanent email address?

> I'm guessing I could use one of those services (and
> software) that lets you use a dynamic IP address (by doing something like
> updating you if your IP address changes.

I would not recommend running an MTA on a dynamic IP address.  I can absolutely guarantee you that emails sent from such a system will not reach the recipient.  Most email servers block emails from MTAs with dynamic IP addresses.  When running an MTA, IP address reputation is a huge factor in whether or not your emails land in spam or not.  If you want to run your own MTA, you need a static IP that is not on any blocklists.