Re: Permanent email address?

On 2022-05-17 01:44, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks to all who replied!

I'll need to think over what I want to do.

I guess if I want to run a local MTA, I'd need either a static IP address (along with a domain) or I'm guessing I could use one of those services (and software) that lets you use a dynamic IP address (by doing something like
updating you if your IP address changes.

I think the way it worked was the dynamic ip people gave you namespace within a domain that they control then monitored your ipaddress from your ISP for changes and redirected requests to your name in their domain to that.
mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31