Re: What is the neat way of organizing files in /etc/network/interfaces.d ?

Mon cher

It's been quite a while since I heard from you. I hope everything's well with you and your family!

> Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:42 AM
> From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: What is the neat way of organizing files in /etc/network/interfaces.d ?
>

> You now have six files: lan, usb0, wlo1-nw22, wlo1-nw15, wlo1-nw51, wlo1-nw70,
> which you can handle in a similar manner to however you presently
> select between your three files.

What did you mean? What are the three files?

> You could manually (de)activate any file's definition with
> ifup or ifdown.

Could you elaborate please?

Did you mean that in a terminal, I type

sudo ifdown wl01-nw22

or

sudo ifup wlo1-nw22

> Alternatively, you could move the ones you want activated into
> /etc/network/interfaces.d/, and move the ones that you don't
> somewhere else, like /etc/network/unused-interfaces/.

That seems to be a good idea.

So I moved wlo1-nw15, wlo1-nw51 and wlo1-nw70 to /etc/network/unused-interfaces/ leaving only wl01-nw22 in /etc/network/interfaces.d

However, when I typed the following in a termminal

sudo ifdown wlo1-nw22

The error was

ifdown: interface not configured

or

ifdown: unknown interface

The output of

ip addr show

show that my wireless interface is called wl01

I appreciate your help.

Best regards.

Stella