Re: What is the neat way of organizing files in /etc/network/interfaces.d ?

On Mon 16 May 2022 at 13:03:27 (+0200), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:42 AM
> > From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> >
> > You now have six files: lan, usb0, wlo1-nw22, wlo1-nw15, wlo1-nw51, wlo1-nw70,
> > which you can handle in a similar manner to however you presently
> > select between your three files.
> >
> What did you mean? What are the three files?

I think you need to find a friend and show them your post,
which lists three files, and then my reply. Get them to
show you how the paragraphs in my reply correspond with
the various parts of your post.

> However, when I typed the following in a termminal
>
> sudo ifdown wlo1-nw22
>
> The error was
>
> ifdown: interface not configured
>
> or
>
> ifdown: unknown interface
>
> The output of
>
> ip addr show
>
> show that my wireless interface is called wl01

Yes, your friend could probably explain the difference between
an interface name contained in a file, and the filename itself.

Cheers,
David.