Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On 2022-04-10 at 09:54, Brian wrote:

> The snmp backend is not installed in the location I gave but has
> to be moved there. Do either
>
>   mv /usr/lib/cups/backend-available/snmp /usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp
>
> or
>
>   dpkg-reconfigure cups

I've never taken specific action in either of these directions, but on
my machine, this file exists in both of those locations. I suspect that
they're actually hardlinked together.

I imagine that this is probably the result of my choosing a particular
option when configuring CUPS in the first place, but I have no
recollection of what option that might have been, nor even specifically
of having been given any CUPS-related prompts when installing this system.

The point of which is: it's possible that the default for this might
actually now be to have this enabled.

--
   The Wanderer