Weird printing issue...

Hi,

I'm getting very strange, and ugly, prints with LibreOffice, Evince and Atril. You can see what I mean in the linked screenshot below.

The "screen" image shows what I see when I open a PDF file, with Evince, Atril, PDFmod and so on. The "printed" one shows the ugly results when I print the same file. It seems the problem is the monospace uppercase "A". But somewhere else the same horrible result seems caused by a monospace lowercase "b" in the word "sub".

Something similar happens printing with LibreOffice Writer, but the black stripes are much thinner and not apparently related with the "A" character.

Definitely this is not a printer issue. My printer is an HP Laserjet MFP M277 and every test page is perfect. Also, if I put the file on a pendrive and plug it into the printer, it prints the file perfectly.

Last but not least, I can get perfect prints if I open the file with Google Chrome and print it directly with Chrome.

All this happened quite suddenly about a month ago. I regularly update all my Debian PC. All of them show this issue.

I can't really figure out what the hell is happening.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Best regards.