Re: Weird printing issue...

On 2022-04-07 18:20, nimrod wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting very strange, and ugly, prints with LibreOffice, Evince and Atril. You can see what I mean in the linked screenshot below.

The "screen <https://www.paralog.it/screen.png>" image shows what I see when I open a PDF file, with Evince, Atril, PDFmod and so on. The "printed <https://www.paralog.it/printed.png>" one shows the ugly results when I print the same file. It seems the problem is the monospace uppercase "A". But somewhere else the same horrible result seems caused by a monospace lowercase "b" in the word "sub".

My guess not knowing anything about your setup is that the printing is happening using some print language postscript or the HP one (PCL), and the fonts are not communicated properly or missing on the printer, but computer thinks they are there, etc.

You can try some experiments. You can print from LibreOffice to a PDF, and then print that pdf from a pdf viewer and from chrome (since you can print from chrome without issue), and that way narrow down the issue.

The other thing to do is switch your print settings in CUPS or whatever the print system is from Postscript to PCL, or vice versa and see if that fixes things.

Bijan