Re: Problem downloading "Installation Guide for 64-bit PC (amd64)"

On 04/09/2022 01:17 PM, davidson wrote:
On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 Richard Owlett wrote:
On 04/08/2022 01:18 AM, Tixy wrote:
On Thu, 2022-04-07 at 09:40 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
I need a *HTML* copy of "Installation Guide for 64-bit PC (amd64)" for
*OFFLINE* use.

The HTML links on [https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual]
lead *ONLY* to Page 1.

You can download all the pages using a recursive wget:

   wget -r -k -np https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/

That's 774kB of files when I tried it (I know internet data usage is
important to you).

I've never used wget. I just did an initial reading of its quite detailed man page. Is there a recommended introduction to wget. I'm not thinking of a tutorial so much as a "What wget can do for you" intro.

  $ info --index-string=Examples wget

Same material on public web pages:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/html_node/Examples.html

Thank you. That's the type of page I'm looking for.
The HTML format is more practical than straight text as I can preset a suitable font size.