Re: password

On Sun, 03 Apr 2022 21:27:57 -0400
Noah Sombrero <fedora@fea.st> wrote:

> >Otherwise, once you have installed, for temporary access to root use
> >sudo -i. Then change the password with passwd.
>
> I get error "user is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be
> reported."  Getting entered in the sudoers file seems to require
> already having a root password.

Your working user account should be a member of the sudo group:

charles@jhegaala:~$ grep sudo /etc/group
sudo:x:27:charles
charles@jhegaala:~$

> >Or, as Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> suggests, do it manually
> >during installation.
>
> No workee.

What are you using to install Debian? If you have it handy, please send
the exact URL of the iso image you are using, otherwise at least the
file name as you downloaded it.

If you are using the Debian installer, which installation do you
select? Graphical, expert, etc.?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com