libvirt tools and keyfiles

Hi,

I'm trying to use virt-manager / virt-viewer to access the console of
some qemu / kvm virtual machines on a remote system over ssh. I have
public key access to root@remote_system. When I do:

virt-manager -c 'qemu+ssh://root@remote_system/system?
keyfile=path_to_private_key'

the connection to libvirt on the remote system comes up fine, and I can
see the various VMs running there, but when I try to access a VM
console (via the "Open" button or "Edit / Virtual Machine Details"), I
get prompted for the password for "root@remote_system" (which doesn't
even work, since password access is disabled in the ssh server
configuration).

The same thing happens when I run:

virt-viewer -c -c 'qemu+ssh://root@remote_system/system?
keyfile=path_to_private_key'

a list of VMs on the remote system pops up, but when I select one, I
get the password prompt.

What is going on here? Since I'm specifying a keyfile on the command
line, and it's being used - otherwise I wouldn't even get the list of
VMs - why am I being prompted for the password?

Celejar