Re: Predictable Network Interface Names

Le 30/03/2022 à 21:15, Brian a écrit :
=<https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/linux/PCINamesNotStable> which
goes into some detail.
Thanks. Very informative. As the second link says:

   The resulting reality is that your PCI based names are only
   stable if you change no hardware in the system. The moment
   you change any hardware all bets are off for all hardware.

This, plus your advice, could point the OP to a way forward.

I also got a name change with an upgrade (I do not remember wether it was kernel, systemd or udev).

SInce interfaces where combined in a bond, imagine the mess...