Re: installing on Lenovo Ideapad 3

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:11:04 -0700
Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately now the install doesn't detect an Ethernet card and
> gives me a long list of driver choices and I will have to figure out
> which one this laptop needs.

Since you have been able to get the installation going, this reply is
more for the record than your specific problem.

My Ideapad has WiFi but no Ethernet. To get around the binary blob
requirement, I bought a USB Ethernet adapter, specifically a Gigabit
model USB3-E1000. It works on Debian Installer for Debian 11 and Debian
11 out of the box.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com