Re: installing on Lenovo Ideapad 3

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 07:35:46 -0700
Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:

> Having done many Debian installs I am now trying to install on a new
> Lenovo IdeaPad 3.

Is that the complete model name? I have a "Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13". If
you can boot pretty much any Linux, dmidecode should give you that. See
the "System Information" stanza.

> I have disabled Trusted Platform Module and Secure Boot.
>
> I used Balena Etcher to install a Debian iso to a USB stick.

I have no idea what Balena Etcher is. I usually use dd to copy to the
raw device, e.g. "dd if=example.iso of=/dev/sdb". Do not copy to a
partition on the raw device, e.g. sdb3.

Which ISO?

> Rather than a boot order that IdeaPad allows enabling USB and two
> network options for booting.  USB has been enable for all of my many
> attempts.

OK, so what exactly do you see? Does the USB stick so much as get to
its boot menu?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com